Assalaamu ‘Alaikum Wa Rwa’hmatullah
Dear Brothers of Islam,
The Prime Person of Attention of Allah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala, Awlaadur Rasool, Imaamul Aimmah, Muh-yus-Sunnah, Qutubul ‘Aalam, Gawsul A’azam, Habeebullah Ha’drat Murshid Qibla ‘Alaihis Salaam has founded the Muhammadia Jamia Shareef Madrasa and Yateemkhana (Orphanage) with the unlimited Rwa’hmat of Allah Subhanahu wa Ta’ala.
The outstanding characteristics of Muhammadia Jamia Shareef is that only from this educational institution people are taught ‘Ilme Tasauf’ which is Far’d for all Muslim both men and women as well as ‘Ilm-i-Fiqh. In this intitution, complete Hijab of Shariat is maintained for boys and. All the teachers, staffs and members of boy-section are male and those of girl-section are female.
The students of this institution are not involved in any non-Islamic activities such as fundamentalism, barbarism, terrorism, strike, long-march, burning effigy etc haraam activities or any such types of constitutions and parties. Rather, the daily life activities and everything from top to bottom of the students here are characterized with Sunnah. Above all, this institution is based on the Aqeedah of ‘Ahle Sunnat wal Jam’aat’. On the light of Quran Shareef, Hadees Shareef, Ijma and kias, education is delivered here with objective of establishing the Ideal of Sunnat-i-Nababi in the practical life, that is, to achieve the satisfaction of Allah ta’ala and Habeebullah Rwasoolullah Swallallahu ‘Alaihi Wa Sallam by establishing the real form of Islam.
In this educational institution an ‘Orphanage and Lillah Boarding is founded with the objective of rendering education to the ‘poor and orphans’ along with the rich people of the society. Therefore , to give your Zakat, Ushor, Fitra, Kaffara, Mannat, donation, skin of animals of Qurbani or it’s price to the Lillah boarding of this institution is more worthy than other institutions and the way of having more benefit and dignity.
The world famous Awlia-i-Kiram have the opinion that among the sectors which were emphasized in Quran Shareef and in Hadees Shareef, to give Zakat, Ushor, Fitra, Kaffara, Mannat, donation, skin of animals of Qurbani etc to the Orphan and poor ‘Twalib-e-Ilm’ i.e the students engaged in acquiring knowledge of ‘Ilm-i-Deen will be of having more Sawaab (benefits) and will be the Wasila of achieving satisfaction of Allah Ta’ala and Habeebullah Rwasoolullah Swallallahu alaih Wa Sallam.
Therefore, give your Zakat, Ushor, Fitra, Kaffara, Mannat, donation, skin of animals of Qurbani etc to this institution to acquire the satisfaction of Allah Ta’ala and Habeebullah Rwasoolullah Swallallahu ‘alaihi Wa Sallam.
It is noted that you can either donate directly to the authority or in the bank account given (click picture) below.
Muhammadia Jamia Shareef
AHKAM AND MASAEEL (RULES) OF ZAKAT
Zakat in Quran Shareef
The significant Amalus Swaleh is that, bring Imaan to Allah Ta’ala, to Malaaika and to all the Nabi and Rasool Alaihimus Salaam and spend your wealth with the Muhabbat of Allah Ta’ala for relatives, orphans, Miskeen, Musafir, begger and for the slaves who are seeking freedom and establish Swalat, give away Zakat, fullfill any commitment, have patience during hardship, during sickness and during war. They are those who does truth love and they are the ones who are Parhejgaar (Muttaqee). (Sura Baqarah-177)
(Yah Rwasoolullah Swallallahu ‘Alaihi Wa Sallam) You do accept (Zakat and) donation from their wealth. Donation will make them sacred, pure and rectified.
You do pray for them because Your dua will be (matter of) sympathy for them; Allah Ta’ala is omni hearing and omni science (hears everything and knows everything).
Zakat in Hadis Shareef
Hazrat Omar Ibnul Khwattaab Rwadiallahu Ta’ala Anhu stated, Saiyeedul Mursaleen, Imaamul Mursaleen, Khwatamun Nabiyeen, Huzur-i-Paak Rwasoolullah Swallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam declares, on land and in water, wherever any asset gets destroyed, is due to the reason of not giving Zakat.
It is declared in Hadis Shareef, One, who does not give Zakat, his Swalat is not granted. (Bukharee Shareef)
Definition of Zakat:
‘Zakat’ is Arabic word which means purity or prosperity/increase. In terms of Shariat, Zakat is to give away a certain amount of wealth (Nisaab) to the possession of a Muslim who is aligible/suitable for accepting Sadaqah following the directions of Shariat with and objective of achieving satisfaction of Allah Ta’ala. Here the giver cannot take any benefit from the receiver. If the payee receives any benefit or keeps any hope to take any benefit, then the Zakat will not be valid/accepted/correct.
What is the Nisaab of Zakat?
Nisaab is the minimum financial limit of amount fixed by Shariat. That is, it is the amount of wealth or money, remaining in the possession of a person after one year in a particular date, meeting all the fundamental needs of his family, for which Zakat has to be paid off; is called ‘Nisaab’ terms of Islamic Depending on the nature and types of wealth, Nisaab is different for different wealth.
Zakat is Fard on Whom?
- Payee of Zakat needs to be Muslim.
- Adult and have conscience.
- After meeting all basic/fundamental needs of one year if there remains additional/extra (Wealth equal to amount of Nisaab i.e. Gold amounting 87.2093 gm (7.5 tola) or Silver amounting of 610.4651 gm (52.5 tola) or price of wealth equal to the price of this amount of Gold/Silver.
- If the value of individual commodity or good is not equal to the amount of Nisaab, but the value of all the wealth together of that person collectively equals to the price of 610.4651 gm (52.5 tola) of Silver. Then Zakat has to be paid off.
- After deducting/deducing the debt/loan taken for family necessities, if there remains amount of wealth equal to the amount of nisab, then Zakat has to be paid.
- Though wealth of husband and wife remains together in one family, as ownership is different, Zakat has to be paid separately for their individual/own wealth.
- If the owner of the wealth dies before paying off his stipulated Zakat, then the inheritors will be considered the owner of the part of wealth that remains after paying off the Zakat.
To whom the Zakat can be given:
- Fakir: Fakir is he who has very little asset.
- Miskeen: Miskeen he whose income is less than his expenditure and cannot ask for their praise.
- Officials who are engaged in collecting Zakat and serving.
- New Muslims for their satisfaction: For leaving their previous religion they may be left away from family or society.
- Getting free from loan: To meet their fundamental needs the people in debt can get Zakat.
- To get free from slavery
- Jihad: Those who are engaged in Jihad against Kaafir and Non Muslims to establish Islam.
- Musafir: If a musafir get needy in special case although he has sufficient wealth at home.
To whom the Zakat cannot be given:
- The Madrasha lead by Ulama-e-su (hypocrite Maolana) and are related to terrorism, fundamentalism and other Kufrism. Giving Zakat will not be valid and considered if it is given to those Madrasah.
- Zakat may not be given to a man who is owner of Nisab (fixed limited) wealth or a rich man.
- According to the the Imam and Mujtahid of Muta’akaddimin It is not allowed to take Zakat for the descendents of Hazrat Abbas, Jafor and Aqil Radiallahu Ta’ala Anhum of Banu Hashim of Quraish. But according to The Imaam and Mujtahid of Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat it is allowed (Halal).
- Zakat can not be given to non Muslims.
- The Zakat may be given to those Madrasa where there are Lillah boarding and orphanage. But where there is no Lillah boarding and orphanage Zakat can not be given to those Madrasa.
- Zakat can not be given to poor parents, on behalf of children, husband and wife.
- If the Zakat collector is appointed by the institution, for Lillah boarding or orphanage then the Zakat can not be given to that Zakat collector.
- If an earning person is devoted to perform Nafl Salat, Saom (fasting) and other nafal prayers not earning himself then Zakat can not be given to him. But if he is suitable to take Zakat for having no income source then Zakat can be given to him.
- Zakat can not be given to servants as their salary.
Ushar or Zakat of crops, domestic animals/Livestocks and birds:
Zakat of agricultural products, fruits, domestic animals and birds is said ‘Ushar’ in Islamic terminology.
Though there are differences in opinions either the lands of Bangladesh are ‘Ushri’ (Ushar payable or not, maximum opinions are in support of paying off Ushar.
Nisab of crops and conditions of Ushar:
According to Imamul Aa’zam Abu Haneefa Rwa’hmatullahi ‘Alaihi, the Ushar has to be payed off. Though already payed off, the production is more or less whatever it is and even tax of land is already payed off. Ushar has to be paid off in every harvest if the crop is produced more than once a year, Ushar of leased land has to be paid off by less and leaser individually.
Who will pay the Zakat for the wealth and ornaments of husband and wife?
Though the wish of husband and wife are considered as of a same family as their ownership is separate. Their Zakat should have to be paid off separately. Wife has to pay off Zakat by selling some of her ornaments or saving money from retail expense if she has no wealth except ornaments. If husband pays Zakat of ornaments on behalf of wife Zakat would be paid off.
From when Zakat have to be calculated?
Zakat becomes Fard (compulsory) at the end of Lunar year and to calculate the Zakat at the end of lunar year is Wajib. The calculation would not be accurate if it is calculated based on English or Bengali year. This condition is only application for Zakat payable wealth, goods and money; not for agriculture products, honey and mineral products. The Zakat of crops must be paid after reaping at every harvest.
Kaza or unpaid Zakat of previous years:
If there is any unpaid Zakat of last few years then it would be counted as debt. This unpaid Zakat has to be paid before paying off the Zakat of current year.
A specific date within an astronomical moon year has to be fixed for calculating the Zakat. For making the calculation easy, the Zakat can be calculated the first date of Ramadan Shareef every year. Due to Rwa’hmat of Ramdan Shareef, Allah Pak gives seventy times more Sawaab at this time.
Table for calculating Zakat (According to lunar year ):
Owner of the wealth can use the following table for calculating the Zakat of implicit and explicit wealth. Those wealth which has not been mentioned in the table, must be counted.